Install a Japanese Keyboard in English Windows XP
Sometimes you can plug a Japanese keyboard into an English system and it just works, but when it doesn't, try these steps.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Open Keyboards.
- On the Driver t, choose Update Driver.
- Tell Windows Update "Not this time."
- Select "Install from a specific location (Advanced)."
- Select "Don't search."
- Uncheck "Show compatible hardware."
- Locate "Standard keyboards" under Manufacturer and choose "Japanese PS/2 Keyboard (106/109 Key)."
- Click yes to the warning about incompatibility.
- Click yes to the warning about replacing the PS/2 mouse port driver.